As an online retailer of consumer goods, Australian Office Furniture Systems Pty Ltd (“AOFS “, “we”, “us”, “our”) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We understand that your personal information is important, and we are fully committed to protecting it.
Personal information refers to information or opinions about you (true or otherwise) which identify you, or make it reasonably possible to identify you.
1. Collection of your personal information
AOFS will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and in as unintrusive way as possible. We will collect your personal information directly from you, where it is practical to do so, but sometimes it might be collected from third parties, including from publicly available sources.
You might provide personal information directly in the following ways:
1. When you order goods or services, or make an inquiry about them, via our Website;
2. When we administer and carry out a contract with you, after you have made a purchase from our Website;
3. Through other communication (written or electronic) related to your purchase;
4. When we conduct customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
5. During administration related to any AOFS services; and
6. At other times, when necessary to manage our business.
2. Types of personal information we collect
The personal information we might collect includes (but is not limited to): your name, postal address, email address, phone number(s) and billing information.
If you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, it might not be possible for us to provide the goods or services you require.
3. Our purposes in dealing with your personal information
AOFS collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information in order to:
1. Provide you with our goods and services;
2. Manage and administer those goods and services, and to open and manage accounts;
3. Communicate with you, including (but not limited to), sending emails with tax invoices, dispatch and tracking information, returns and exchange authorisations;
4. Comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
5. Manage AOFS business, where necessary.
4. Use and disclosure of your personal information
The main purposes for which we use and disclose your personal information are to:
1. Maintain our customer records;
2. Deliver and supply goods and services;
3. Maintain account and invoicing records;
4. Locate and/or retrieve our goods; and
5. Administer your accounts with us.
We may also use and disclose your personal information for secondary purposes that are related to a primary purpose of collection. The secondary purposes for which we might collect your personal information are to:
1. Market our goods and services to you;
2. Develop our goods and services;
3. Share with a third-party, person or entity that we have engaged in relation to our primary and secondary purposes;
4. Conduct customer and market research;
5. Keep you up-to-date with any changes to our business, goods and services, or offers that might interest you; and
6. Disclosure to any person when we are authorised or required by law, or when you have given your consent.
AOFS will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
5. Protection of personal information
At AOFS, your personal information is treated with care and respect. We maintain a high level of physical, technical and procedural security in our offices and storage facilities, in order to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. We apply the same secure measures when disposing of personal information.
AOFS ensures additional protection by allowing access to personal information strictly on the basis of need. The security and integrity of your personal information are assured, through our physical, electronic and managerial procedures. AOFS does not collect sensitive information.
6. Direct marketing and Opting Out
Like most businesses, AOFS employs marketing strategies for continued success. Our customers enjoy a unique range of high quality products and services. Because of that, we believe it is important to be able to let you know about new developments and opportunities. From time to time we may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions.
If you no longer wish to receive these messages from us, you may, of course, opt out at any time.
Each newsletter we send contains a link that allows you to unsubscribe from our mailing list. If you choose that option, you will receive no further newsletters from us. You can also send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. If you provide the email address with which you originally subscribed, one of our Customer Service Team members will remove you from the list.
Our newsletter contains details of competitions and special offers, alerts for new products, and other information related to our services and products. We will include you in the emailing list for our newsletter if you have:
Subscribed to our newsletter;
Made a purchase from us;
Requested that we notify you when an item is expected to arrive, and when we expect to receive similar or complementary items; or
Sent us an inquiry.
7. Computer tracking and Cookies
The Website has not been designed to track, collect or distribute any personal information that has not been entered by visitors. The site can, however, log certain types of non-identifying data regarding site usage – e.g. the number of hits and visits to our site. Our technical support staff uses this kind of information, for internal purposes, to provide better services to the public. It may also be provided to others.
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
To request access to the personal information that we hold about you, and/or to make corrections or amendments to that information, you may contact our Privacy Officer at any time. In the rare event that we refuse access, we would send you a written notice giving our reasons. When giving you access to any of the personal information that we hold about you, we may seek to recover from you any reasonable costs involved.
AOFS is not obliged to correct any of your personal information, and may refuse to do so, if we do not agree that correction is necessary. If AOFS refuses your request for correction, we will send you a written notice giving our reasons for refusing.
9. Overseas transfers of personal information
10. Resolving personal information concerns
Complaints can also be lodged with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner – either by calling 1300 363 992 or by sending an email to: email@example.com.
The last update to this document was made on 15 March 2019.